Sunday 6 April 2014

Creative Stitches, Fashion Embroidery & Hobbycrafts show

This weekend I traded in the baking for the Creative Stitches, Fashion Embroidery & Hobbycrafts show (wow that's a mouthful). It was at the ExCeL Centre, London and my friend Stacey joined me. The ExCeL is a great location, jumping off the DLR at Prince Regent and strolling straight in was so convenient. It was £10 entry which is a great price however, we did miss out on a half price ticket with Groupon - really need to start checking the deal websites more often!!

Like the name suggests the show has a huge array of different stands including; fabrics, buttons, ribbons, beads and jewellery. There was also a lot of card making, stickers and stamps and several workshops and talks.


I may have made a couple of purchases!
First, the Persian Pink Rosebuds Ivory Heart Car or Room Fragrance Kit from Creative Sents by NaturaLeigh which were 2 for £14, so Stacey and I bought one each. Their stand was gorgeous and the smell of Lavendar and Rosebuds draws you in. As soon as I got home I put it together, the kit included instructions, a bag of Scented Persian Pink Rosebuds, a Shabby Chic Ivory Heart Hanger and Dusty Pink Gingham Ribbon. Very easy to assemble in a few simple steps, the scent should last for 11-12 months and you can buy more dried flowers or potpourri from their website - but I did have a small amount of Pink Rosebuds left over for replenishment. 
I was particularly looking for grey chevron fabric to make two 18" x 18" envelope pillows and I found it :-) It was £12.99 per metre, perhaps a little pricey but great quality. I will hopefully be making them in the next couple of weeks and I will make sure to post a tutorial. The pink fabric below was £2.50 for a fat quarter - what do you think I should I make, any ideas? Perhaps a make-up bag?!  Both these fabrics were from Favourite Fabrics, they had a great collection and even had two separate stands at the show.

I briefly dabbled in making jewellery a couple of years ago but haven't done much since, I loved these Rose Gold drops from Mosaic as soon as I saw them - these were my first purchase. I don't have any Rose Gold jewellery and it is very popular at the moment so I thought it would be a great quick project to get me back into some jewellery making. It's quite difficult to show the process with pictures but here goes. All you need is a small pair of flat-nose pliers and Rose Gold earring wire hooks.
1. The drops had large rings attached that need to be removed. So hold the ring steady with one hand and grip the ring with the pliers on the other side of the join, twist the ring creating an opening. Now you can detach the ring from the drop.
2. Using the same method as above create an opening at the bottom of the wire hook.
3. Now slide the drop through the opening and using the pliers twist the hook closed.

I am also loving long necklaces with statement pendants so the silver heart and the bird disc pendant in antique bronze were a good find!
The ribbons were from RibbonBox, they had a wide selection that was soo difficult to choose from but these were too cute to resist, I am sure I'll find a project for them!!

Stacey and I both absolutely loved this card making stand by Card-io. So professional yet simple to create however, I think it could get expensive quite quickly with all the different stamps ranging from £5 - £10 a pack plus inks and card. Although if you make cards regularly or have a small business I think these are a great find. I was very tempted though - I had to restrain myself. 
It was an excellent show and a great day out I would definitely recommend it but if you didn't get a chance, check out some of the exhibitors websites.


What have you been creating this weekend?

Mel xoxo

5 comments :

  1. Hi Friends!!

    I am so glad to writing this article today to tell the world how Dr. Owobami Ayedun cured my HSV VIRUS. I have been suffering from this awful disease five years ago, ever since then my life has been incomplete bizarre and agony,I have used so many drugs that were prescribed to me by several doctors,but it didn't cure my HSV VIRUS neither did it reduce the pain, until a certain day when I was checking for solution in the internet, then miraculously came across Dr. Owobami Ayedun the powerful herbalist that cures numerous individuals of HSV 1-2, ALS, HBV, HIV, and other deadly diseases, then I contacted him directly through his email: drowobamiayedun@gmail.com and explained everything to him and he told me not to worry anymore that this is the end of my herpes virus. I placed an order after 6 days I receive his herbal medicine and he gave me instruction on how to use it. Today I am here happily sharing my cure to everyone to know that Dr.Owobami Ayedun has the cure to any disease or virus. He can also cast a Love spell to get your ex-husband, wife, boyfriend, and girlfriend back. Anyone reading this post should share and refer to others who need help to cure to contact Dr.Owobami Ayedun for a lasting solution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I visited different hospital but they gave me list of expensive drugs to treat the symptoms and never cured me. A closed friend of mine introduce me to a Herbal Doctor who cured her. I was scared to contact him because of what i experienced from fake doctors. she encouraged me and gave me his whatsapp contact,and i contacted him and i asked him series of questions, i also ask him to show me the results of those he have cured with his herbal drugs,and he gave me all the information i needed that gave me hope. He send a Herbal medicine to me that i took and it seriously worked for me. am now Hepatitis negative. God bless you for being a sincere and great man. Am so excited and am free from herpes virus. you can reach him via email;drshaibuabacha@gmail.com or whats-app/call on +2349051727475. He also cure several ailments like ; Mouth odour,  Diabetes, Stroke, Hypertension,  kidney problem, Ex back, Low sperm count, Weak Erection and HIV/Aids. Please do not hide you problems so your problems will not hide you.

      Delete
  2. If you need ( cure to Herpes virus ) and treatment to all illness___________________!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    -[HPV]
    -[DIABETES]
    -[WEAK ERECTION]
    -[[WHOOPING COUGH]]
    –[[HEPATITIS A,B AND C]]
    -[[COLD SORE]]
    -[[LOWER RESPIRATORY INFECTION]]
    -[[LOW SPERM COUNT]]
    -[[STAPHYLOCOCCUS AUREUS]]
    -[[STROKE]]
    -[[IMPOTENCE]]
    -[[PILE]]
    -[[HYPERTENSION]]
    -[[MENOPAUSE DISEASE]]
    -[[ASTHMA]]
    -[[CANCER]]
    -[[SHINGLES]]
    -[[FIBROID]]
    -[[TINNITUS]]
    -[[YEAST INFECTION]]
    -[[BARENESS/INFERTILITY]]…

    Please contact:

    Email Doctorvoke@yahoo. com

    Sure Treatment!!

    Glad i was cured from herpes…

    ReplyDelete
  3. I visited different hospital but they gave me list of expensive drugs to treat the symptoms and never cured me. A closed friend of mine introduce me to a Herbal Doctor who cured her. I was scared to contact him because of what i experienced from fake doctors. she encouraged me and gave me his whatsapp contact,and i contacted him and i asked him series of questions, i also ask him to show me the results of those he have cured with his herbal drugs,and he gave me all the information i needed that gave me hope. He send a Herbal medicine to me that i took and it seriously worked for me. am now Hepatitis negative. God bless you for being a sincere and great man. Am so excited and am free from herpes virus. you can reach him via email;drshaibuabacha@gmail.com or whats-app/call on +2349051727475. He also cure several ailments like ; Mouth odour,  Diabetes, Stroke, Hypertension,  kidney problem, Ex back, Low sperm count, Weak Erection and HIV/Aids. Please do not hide you problems so your problems will not hide you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings to the general public, I want to tell about how I was cured of
    HIV disease by a Doctor called Dr. voodoo . I was browsing the Internet
    searching for remedy on HIV and I saw a comment of people talking about how
    Doctor voodoo cured them. I was scared because I never believed in the
    Internet but i was convince to give him a try because i having no hope of
    been cured of HIV so I decided to contact him with his email that was
    listed on the comment voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com when I contacted
    him he gave me hope and send a Herbal medicine to me that I took and
    it seriously worked for me, am a free person now without problem,
    my HIV result came out negative. I pray for you Dr. voodoo God will give
    you everlasting life, you shall not die before your time for being sincere
    and great men. Am so happy, you can also contact him if you have any
    problem Email: voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com
    or Add him up on WhatsAp +2348140120719

    ReplyDelete