Monday 17 November 2014

Hot Spiced Apple

The weather is getting colder as we approach December and as I mentioned in last weeks post I've been loving Costa's Hot Spiced Apple and I even had a go at making it at home. So here's my winter warmer Hot Spiced Apple recipe. 



Like most of my recipes this is quick and easy with only a few ingredients, these are:
1 pint of Apple Juice (not from concentrate)
2 Cinnamon sticks 
2 Star anise 
Sprinkle of grated nutmeg
Sprinkle of ground cinnamon
4 Cloves 



Just pop all the ingredients in a saucepan, crumble up one of the cinnamon sticks and let it simmer for 10 - 15 minutes to infuse all of those lovely spices. 




When it's ready, strain the cloves and broken cinnamon sticks and pour straight into a glass, I use these latte glasses from Dunelm-millAdd a star anise and a fresh cinnamon stick for decoration and added flavour. 

And there you have it - the perfect drink for those colder nights and for a bit of added decadence why not wet the outside rim of the glass with lemon or even apple juice. Then dip the rim of the glass in sugar mixed with cinnamon whilst slowly turning the glass to ensure the outside rim is well covered. 

I absolutely love this flavour combination, you could even add all the spices to the apple juice and leave it in the fridge until you need it. This will ensure the spices are well infused, boasting that sweet spicy flavour.


The perfect winter warmer.



Mel xoxo

1 comment :

  1. I love this! Such a great way to stay warm...and get one of your five-a-day! I hadn't thought of rolling the rim of the glass in cinnamon sugar - yum!

    ReplyDelete