Monday 23 February 2015

Secrets St.James Montego Bay with Thomson

View from my balcony.
It's going to be a short and sweet post this week as I am just back from a fantastic holiday in Jamaica for one of my best friends weddings. I thought I would give you a quick review of the flight and resort and a peek at a few of the photos and I mean a few as there were 2,500 of them to sort through.



Thomson Dreamliner


As you can see when we left Gatwick it was pretty grey and miserable but when you are heading for better climates you just don't care right?!

I haven't flown long haul in a couple of years so I was very impressed with Thomson's Dreamliner.
The large seats were comfortable with good leg room, well that's what my friends tell me because at 5"2 I've never really had an issues. Instead of blinds you can now dim the windows which gives them a tinted effect, meaning you loose the sun's glare but not the view - love this!

Good in flight entertainment with the usual current films, shows and games but there was also a USB port for viewing holiday snaps from your camera or charging devices, very useful.

The food travelling out was excellent, I remember hating plane food as a child so pasta bake, chocolate mousse with caramel sauce and scones with jam and clotted cream really set the tone for the holiday.

Secrets St.James Montego Bay
We stayed at Secrets St.James Montego Bay, it was a fantastic resort. This was my very first all inclusive holiday and I would absolutely do it again. Everybody was so friendly and helpful, making for a lovely relaxed atmosphere.




The room was very spacious with two queen-size beds, a whirpool bath and a great sea view from our balcony.

The resort has a choice of 9 restaurants with varying cuisines including; Caribbean, French, Mexican and Italian. I definitely indulged but when can you if not on holiday, the food and drink were excellent.

I thought I would be missing pancake day whilst away, hence my last two posts, but with the all you can eat breakfast I definitely had my fair share. We were also greeted by this beautiful peacock nearly every morning and breakfast - just wow!


They had lots going on in the evenings including;  Beach parties, silent disco, shows and live music.

There was a wide range of activities available including sunset/sunrise yoga, aqua aerobics and all non motorised water sports were included.
We went out on a glass bottom boat and fed fish, held starfish (we put them straight back) and saw a wild dolphin, just incredible!


We only ventured out of the resort once to climb Dunns River Falls and swim with Dolphins, unfortunately we didn't take out cameras as we knew we would be in the water most of the day. Despite the lack of evidence I promise you we did them both and what a fantastic experience they were. The Falls are a must if you ever visit Jamaica!!



I haven't included any wedding photos as it was a very intimate day but trust me, it was beautiful and the weather was perfect.



I would highly recommend Secret St.James as a holiday resort but it was also a fantastic wedding venue, you can't beat sand between your toes as you walk down the aisle or waking up to that ocean view.

Time to plan my next holiday, where will yours be?

Mel xoxo

1 comment :

  1. I was recently here and this is an amazing place for a wedding. I got a little carried away with the open bar at wedding venues Chicago. An open bar allows you to like any sort of music, even the most awful. Anyway, for those of you thinking to marry, this is the perfect spot.

    ReplyDelete