Monday 5 January 2015

December Favourites & New Years Resolutions!


Firstly I'd like to wish everyone a Happy New Year! I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas and are looking forward to 2015 and the year ahead, I certainly am. Bridesmaid at two of my best friends weddings, 1 sun and 1 winter holiday booked and oh yes, I'm going to be an AUNTIE!!!! 
What are you looking forward to this year?


December Favourites


To start it has to be my onesie, this was a birthday present from my friends and I have pretty much lived in it over Christmas it's so snuggly and warm.  If you haven't already jumped on the bandwagon then I suggest you do, I wasn't sure at first but now I am officially a onesie convert!


Now I am not really a lipstick kinda girl but I have absolutely been loving the L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Exclusive Reds collection. This limited edition collection has a 'rouge for every woman' and each red is tailored to a different skin tone and four of their spokes models. I picked Blake's pure ruby red, it has been fantastic for the festive season with a great matte finish, very hydrating and long lasting.


Next my brother and his wife bought me this Framed Chalkboard Weekly Planner from M&S I absolutely love this and will be using it lots for planning my blog posts. Unfortunately its currently out of stock, so here is something similar from Dunelm-mill or you could even create your own by painting the glass in a frame with blackboard paint.


My favourite restaurant this month has to be Flat Iron, if you haven't already go and check out my review. Fantastic flat iron steak, cooked to order and served on a hot stone with a small side salad; very tender and a good size for just £10. Paired with creamed spinach, fries cooked in beef dripping and bearnaise sauce.



Last but not least a great festive buy from Ikea was this gold star lamp, I even think ill be keeping it out past Christmas, I love it!!



What have you been loving? Let me know in the comments below. 

New Years Resolutions


I don't usually set myself new years resolutions but last year I started this blog and I have learnt soo much and I want to keep learning and improving. So these are my blogging resolutions:

Post regularly. I've been trying to post once a week (Mondays) but sometimes life just gets in the way. Really, I think I just need to be more organised so I'm not up late making last minute changes on a Sunday evening, like I am right now.

Improve photos. I treated myself this Christmas to a DSLR, a Canon EOS 1200D! Now I just need to learn how to use it, I'm a complete novice so please bear with me but I'm hoping my photos will start to improve. There is a great offer at Currys in the January sales, my Canon came with two lenses (18-55 mm + 75-300mm) and Canon are also doing £20 cash back until 21st January. They have also released a companion app which is really helpful for newbies like me, with exercises and tutorials to help you learn the basics.



If you have visited my blog before you will be able to tell that I have made a few changes to the layout and design, I've tried to give it a more clean look and feel. Let me know what you think, even if this is your first time here.

Have you made any resolutions? I'd love to hear, let me know in the comments below.



Mel xoxo

2 comments :

  1. Congrats on being an auntie, it really is the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun. She is due in February, I can't wait to meet her! xoxo

      Delete